Ice Cube Painting!

Saturday, February 18, 2012
Hello all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Mine has been super busy. Teaching preschool, working in a restaurant and being a full-time student proves difficult during weekends like these. As I am preparing for the hectic week ahead, I thought I would post an idea that I've used in my class a few times. I use liquid watercolor paint (can be purchased on amazon, at teacher stores, micheals, craft stores, etc.) and put just a touch in each slot of an ice cube tray. Then I fill with water, place toothpicks in each slot, and freeze! The kids LOVE painting with these. We work on social skills by trading colors, learn what happens when colors mix, and we also talk about what happens when ice melts! It is a great learning experience and the art turns out beautiful!


No comments