Pumpkin Paper Lanterns

Wednesday, October 24, 2012
I did this with the kids that I nanny for. This craft is super easy and you can do it with any age. I couldn't get a good picture of the ones that we made so this is just an example. Of course the four year old loved this project but, the 19 month old that I nanny for even loved this craft! I drew the face on for him and then he decorated the rest.

You'll need orange construction paper, scissors, black markers, tape, glue and whatever else you want to use to decorate them.

1. First fold your orange paper long way *hot dog style*]
2. Then, cut slits from the fold to the edge (do not cut all the way to the edge or else you'll have a fringed paper instead of a lantern.
3. Unfold and tape the short edges together.
4. Use a strip of paper to create the handle *we used green for a stem*

For visual directions go here


1 comment