Pom Pom Pets

Saturday, February 23, 2013
Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is relaxing and enjoying the start of the weekend. I finally have a weekend to relax with nothing planned! Yay!! Yesterday, I did a craft with the kids that I nanny for. They get a "kiwicrate" once a month and I loved the activity that was in yesterday's! They are called pom pom pets. They are much bigger than I expected and I was pleasantly surprised!

You need:
Yarn (They came pre-packaged in the crate but it was quite a bit. How much yarn you use will affect the size of your pet)
Pipe Cleaners (1 per pet)
Scissors
Googley Eyes
Construction Paper or Stickers for nose & feet

 Wrap all of the yarn around this "device" (you can make it out of Popsicle sticks)
Then, twist a pipe cleaner around the middle as tight as you can. And then slide the yarn off the device.

 Cut all of the loops to make your pet poofy. Then bend the pipe cleaners into ears.

 Add eyes and a nose (and feet if desired)

No comments